TIME TO READ: 2m
TDF announces the launch of The Design Files Design Awards that aims to celebrate Australian design and creativity.
As Australia’s most popular design blog, The Design Files (TDF) is well known for showcasing the talent of our country’s architects, designers, artists, fashionistas, makers and more. For more than 10 years, TDF has brought to us desirable homes and outdoor spaces as well as Australian brands and locally made products.
This year, TDF sets out to celebrate designers shaping Australian contemporary culture with the inaugural Design Files Design Awards. The diverse awards program covers 12 different creative categories judged by 31 esteemed judges. There is also a total prize pool of $30,000 to be shared across the winning entries.
The Design Files Awards Categories
What makes The Design Files Design Awards unique? It’s the only Australian awards program that brings together the best in residential architecture and interior design, alongside the work of craft practitioners, floral artists, furniture designers, textile designers, stylists and art directors and more. The categories include:
- Residential Architecture – judged by Graham Burrows, Clare Cousins and Albert Mo
- Interior Design – judged by David Flack, Adriana Hanna and Yasmine Ghoniem
- Landscape Design – judged by Paul Bangay, Rick Eckersley and Georgina Reid
- Furniture Design – judged by Richard Munao, Adam Goodrum and Grazia Materia
- Lighting Design – judged by Christopher Boots and Kate Stokes
- Styling + Art Direction – judged by Glen Proebstel and Megan Morton
- Handcrafted – judged by Chloe Powell, Louise Olsen and Maree Clarke
- Collaboration – judged by Amanda Henderson, Ken Done and Jeremy Wortsman
- Textile Design – judged by Bonnie Ashley and Lisa Gorman
- Emerging Designer – judged by Lucy Feagins, Anne-Maree Sargent and Henry Wilson
- Sustainable Design – judged by Jeremy McLeod and Abigail Forsyth
- Floral Design – judged by Cherrie Miriklis-Pavlou and Joost Bakker
Eco Outdoor sponsors ‘Landscape Design’
We’re thrilled to be supporting The Design Files Design Awards and celebrating Australian design and creativity as the major sponsor the ‘Landscape Design’ category. This category which aims to promote the importance of landscape design will be judged by Paul Bangay of Paul Bangay Design, Rick Eckersley of Eckersley Garden Architecture and Georgina Reid of The Plant Hunter.
All the information regarding The Design Files Design Awards, categories, judging criteria and prizes can be found here.
Entries to The Design Files Design Awards are open today (April 15th) and will close June 7th.